We start spring break on Friday. We also take our comprehensive exam - in order to get our degree - on Friday. It's a big day. I can't wait until 12:01 p.m. when the exam is over. It's an essay exam where we will recount and synthesize the information from all of our coursework into great ideas that all fit together nicely - with cited authors to help back up our arguments (easy enough, right?). We formed study groups at the beginning of the semester and met once a week through early February and have been meeting twice a week recently. My study group - April, Juan, Kate, Marco - is wonderful. We are all relaxed, low-key, and encouraging. We haven't stressed each other out and are great at bouncing ideas off one another. And we snack, a lot. This semester I've had celery, trail mix, brownies, cookies, chips, carrots, and cashews during our study sessions.
The nature of the exam is stressful though - people get worked up. In the end, the cohort is filled with knowledge (we hope) and are smart people. The faculty want to see us pass (so they say) We should all be fine. Life will sure be nice though once Friday afternoon rolls around.
And, to make matters more exciting - I'm heading home to Iowa on Sunday for break. My friend Kate is coming along - she's from Maine. Iowa is unchartered waters, so I'm looking forward to showing her around. I'll take some photos - of things other than corn and pigs - to show the world what Iowa is all about (most recently...ice storms).
Bye Bye.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment